Saturday, April 30, 2011

Got Gloves?

I take a lot of photos, many fire service related. As I take a lot, I have to edit a lot. As I have mentioned before, I don't distribute photos of people not properly equipped. However, I am known to post them on my blog - after editing of course. Here is tonight's installment of "Got Gloves?"


A structure fire, single story duplex. The fire has been mostly knocked down, but overhaul has not yet begun. The firefighter is actually holding a pair of gloves in his/her right hand, but they are general purpose "work gloves", not ones approved for firefighting. The gloved hand you see holding the nozzle belongs to another firefighter.

I almost missed it, but when I reviewed the image after adjusting it I caught it. This one was getting distributed too! Good thing I really didn't need it.

I don't know what the deal was, maybe he grabbed the wrong gloves from his pocket and was switching them out. It doesn't really matter, I caught him/her in a picture, performing fire suppression activities with no gloves on. He/she wins this months "Got Gloves" award.

Hope your weekend is shaping up better than mine - moving sucks!!

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment