Sunday, July 26, 2009

Schmoe Snivels. Like a sissy.

I have been back to work now for a "cycle", which consists of 4 - 24 hour shifts with 24 hours off between each one.

A few items occurred last cycle which are worthy of a line or two. That sad thing is however, I won't be sharing them with you for a while as I am currently unable to focus on writing. You see, my domicile is currently in a state of chaos. This chaos is directly the result of my @#$%^& *(&%%^& air conditioner deciding to quit working last night.


I guess the $6000 I spent on a new unit 3 years, 1 month and 27 days ago was not enough. The compressor has catastrophically failed. It should be covered under warranty, but I will likely have to fork over another $500 or so for labor. Folks, a few hours ago it was 91 degrees in my house. MY HOUSE!!!! Thankfully the sun went down and it's only 88. That' s 31.11111 degrees for my metric readers.

Even the dogs are wilting. At least they aren't whining, like I am.

The Saint that I am married to is a kind, fair and merciful spouse. She upped my daily grog ration to three, so I will be able to survive. I think that was more for her benefit than mine.

I know that in the scope of things, my issue is trivial and insignificant. I know that some of you right now are suffering far worse than I. I am deeply sorry for your strife and sincerely hope that things improve for you. But on the bright side, now you all know what kind of sniveling little bitch I can be.

Thanks for reading,

A warm Schmoe.

5 comments:

  1. I feel for ya. This might be a good time to invest in a $10 walmart box fan or 3. Keep the airflow up and it's a bit more tolerable at least.

    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes Capt.
    Our AC is still plugging along but kicked on at 930 the other morning. And I have it set to 78. We're escaping to the coast today to get away from the heat. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a fire blogger thing. I came home from shift this morning to find my wife throwing towels into the joist spaces in the attic. Broken HVAC drip pan (the internal one). He's quoting 600 but I think my wife may have him at 400 (she's a business owner and savvy like that). Unless it's burning, I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firelady - Fans did help, not as much as I would have liked though. Thanks for the suggestion.

    Mick - I hope you got your issue resolved. Water stains on the ceiling are no good.

    Michael - The problem was resolved for less than I thought so I will stop being a whiney bitch. For now.

    Thanks for the comments,

    a cool and happy Schmoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a cute puppy there, mister. Looks a little droopy though.

    The Saint

    ReplyDelete