Sunday, May 1, 2011

OBL DOA?

The President announced this evening that  U.S. Special forces have finally tracked down and killed Osama Bin Laden. Bang. Finally got you fu*&er.

I personally am glad we finally managed to pull this off, I think it's important for people like Bin Laden to know that when we really put our minds to something, we will persevere and get it done. I will be curious to know how much cash we spent over the last 9 1/2 years, in direct pursuit if this target - it has to be the most costly manhunt in history. Worth every penny in my opinion.

According to CNN, he was killed by U.S. troops and they have the body. Two more things for me to be happy about. If it were up to me, I would drive a post into the ground at the WTC site, the Pentagon or a certain field in Shanksville, PA and place his head upon it. I might even rotate the head/stake monument between the three locations, spreading the message.

It will be interesting to see how big of an impact this joyous event will actually have on the war against Islamic terrorists. I am sure there is someone who is willing to become the figurehead for radical Islam, we need to quickly find out who this person is and take him out too. Perhaps a little faster than OBL.

It has been argued that OBL's effectiveness as a leader has been impaired for quite some time due to the extreme hunting pressure that we have put on him. If true, it is a tribute to our military and intelligence community for causing him so much grief.

Bin Laden was reportedly living in Pakistan, and was killed at a compound in Abbottabad Pakistan. Abbottabad and the surrounding towns are far from living in a cave along the border. I wonder who in the Pakistan government knew he was living there, and chose not to get involved. We'll have to see how that plays out. 

Hopefully, more details will leak out over the next few weeks and we will be able to learn how he eluded capture for so long.

I also hope that his demise is not a triggering event for another large scale attack. I know that's what I would would do if I were a terrorist.

For know, lets savor this event until another crisis comes along. I think we deserve it.

Thanks for reading and  thanks to all members of the military who made this event possible.
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Amen Brother!!

    It's been a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rambling Chief - Almost 10 years.I'm glad we stuck with it. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete