Sunday, January 15, 2012

Disbelief

I had really intended to write a good post tonight, but my heart isn't in it. I am mourning the loss by the Packers to the NY Giants. I usually don't get that worked up over any sort of game, but the appalling manner in which Green Bay played tonight had me saying bad words and throwing things at the TV.

The above actions were performed without the assistance of beer, I was so pissed off that I never got around to getting one from the garage fridge. It's probably a good thing, an empty beer bottle would likely create havoc when thrown through a TV screen.

The Saint I am married to was smart enough to make chicken and dumplings for dinner, a dish which does not require knives, forks or any other sharp instruments to consume. It's pretty hard to hurt yourself with a spoon.

I am hoping that she still lets me go to the desert tomorrow, some friends and I are supposed to haul some firearms up there and blast away at some steel plates. She allowed me to load the weapons into el cheepo jeepo, but balked when I asked for the key to the ammo locker. I should be my old jovial self in the morning, hopefully she will relent and let me take some ammo.

I felt kind of bad for the Bronco fans yesterday, little did I know that I would be in the same boat today.

Thanks for reading,
A despondent Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment