Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bullet Dodged

This was supposed to have been posted last week, but for whatever reason it did not. The most likely cause was that I was still pretty sick when I came home and I simply screwed it up. As I still am just getting to the point where I feel like messing with my camera and the blog, I'm just going to go ahead and publish the following. Keep in mind that it was written on Aug 13.

*******

I'm not going to get creative with this, I'm just going to spill it. For the last seven days, I have been in the hospital, suffering from bilateral pulmonary embolisms.

It sucked, plain and simple. Friends who saw me in the initial stages of the event were shocked at how bad it screwed me up. It hurt like nothing else that I have ever felt and it scared the living shit out of my family. It was a bad time to be me.

Though not completely out of the woods, I am doing well enough to be released. For that and many other things I am grateful. I am surprised at the level of support that I received from my friends and from the department, it is truly humbling and it brings tears to my eyes.

I have plenty to say about this, but much of it would bore you and frankly, I just want to kick back for a little while. Thanks for your continued reading, I'll have more in a few days.

Schmoe

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes on a speedy recovery and great health!! Take care... ~ Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back; please take it easy and continue the excellent writing and photography as your health permits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Schmoe, I'm glad you're doing better. Don't worry about us--just get well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for the kind words. I actually got out with my camera for a bit today and though I really didn't shoot anything exciting, it was good to see the crews and shake some hands again.

    Feeling better every day.

    Thanks again,

    Schmoe

    ReplyDelete