Eight gallons of diesel fuel - $26
Look on the clerks face at Lowe's when the muddied fire captain walks through the door for the fifth time in two hours - Priceless.
What should have been a two hour job, (max) was stretched into a four hour ordeal by me screwing up each time we went to Lowe's.
- First trip - purchased supplies
- Second trip - purchased item that I forgot on trip #1
- Third Trip - Exchanged two items from trip #1 that had been placed into the wrong bin. I violated my own rule of looking at each item pulled from the bin to ensure that it was the correct item. My bad.
- Fourth trip - purchased two additional items when it became apparent that the original plan was not going to work. These items worked well.
- Fifth trip - Purchased an adapter to connect the size pipe the plans SAID it was to the size pipe it ACTUALLY was. A difference of 1/4" inch diameter. Shame on me, I should have dug up the pipe and measured it, rather than relying on the original landscape plan.
Pardon to our neighbors for the bad words that might have been said when the discovery of step five was made and to the clerk at Lowe's for leaving mud at her register. I'll try to do better next time.
Thanks for reading,