Monday, October 10, 2011

The Knife I Used To Carry or Schmoe The Idiot

Remember that post from a few weeks ago, that one about that bitchin' Spyderco knife that I don't leave home without?

Well, if you get over to the Sacramento landfill fast enough, you might find it before it gets buried under a bajillion  tons of garbage.

I, being the idiot that I am, forgot that I had my wonderful Spyderco Delica in my pocket until I got to the "last chance" trash can before entering the passenger screening area at the Sacramento airport. Not knowing what would happen if I turned it over to TSA (and not really wanting to find out), I used the "last chance" trash can and disposed of it.

As I was out of town, had checked my luggage and didn't have time to track down a UPS drop box, I really felt that I had no other choice. It hurt, but I am sure that dealing with the TSA would have hurt a lot worse.

I never really thought about it before, but it is a good thing that those cans are placed where they are. They save idiots like me from embarrassment and certain grief.

If, by chance, a TSA agent saw me dump the knife and somehow retrieved it, I hope that they get many years of use from it. I sure did and I miss it.

It's a good thing that I have another one, one that I like almost as much. Hopefully I won't ever have to toss it away, I don't want to have to buy another one.

Thanks for reading,
A woeful Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment