Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Off Topic

As I sit here and write this, my neighbors  are  sitting a couple of hundred feet away from me and are experiencing the worst days of their lives. While I feel loss and sorrow, the level of pain that they must be enduring, I cannot even imagine.

They lost two of their sons in a plane crash. Why they are being forced to endure this torture I cannot explain.

It is always asked, why do bad things happen to good people. That question was posed in response to situations such as this. A great family, god-fearing, hard working and close knit ripped apart by a tragic event. A wife and small child left behind, brothers, sisters and parents left as well. Why should they be subjected to this horror while others are not? Frankly, I struggle with this, the cruelty of it and the damage caused to those left behind leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

For the past three days, a constant stream of cars have driven past the house, a multitude of friends stopping by to pat their respects. All touched by either the two boys or by other family members, all shocked and devastated, all wishing it were a bad dream instead of a living nightmare.

I could go on about this forever, the memories are many, the impressions great. Instead, please know that the two men were honorable, good men - ones that the world needs more of, not less.

My heart goes out to the survivors, people who I am honored to know. To Rick and Jeff: rest in peace, though you will be missed your family has the strength of faith, family and friends to help them carry on.

Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment