Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Schmoe The Jinxer

A few weeks ago, I published a post called Hope - Progress Report. In it, I related the progress being made towards the completion of our new headquarters station and the hope that the project might be completed by the end of the year.

Apparently, I spoke (posted) too soon. I may have jinxed the endeavor, as work on the project has stopped.

Below is a photo taken on Aug. 24th.


This one was taken on Sept. 18th. Notice the differences?


Although some things having been moved around and the forms being set for a pad of some sort, not much has changed. The BIGGEST difference between the two shots is how many trucks are there.

There are six vehicle in the upper image and only one in the lower. That one pick-up in the lower pic belongs to the super, who will be remaining on site only until sometime next week.  After that the all work will cease, the building will be secured and hopefully a guard posted.

Apparently, there are issues with the bonding company and they have notified the city that they are stopping work on the project. I am sure that there is a story there, but I will never know what it is. I find it hard to believe a Surety Company can just walk away from something, they are paid very well to ensure that situations such as this do not occur.

I can guarantee you that our people are all over this and I am sure that the city's people are on it as well. However, as attorney are involved it may take some time to sort this all out.

All I know is that if I was still a captain at station #1, come December, I would start having the crews get ready for the annual station inspection.  The inspection usually occurs on the first Tuesday in January and it sure looks like they are still going to be in the old house.

The saga continues.

Thanks for reading,

Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment