Saturday, December 12, 2009

Every Once In A While

I am a little proud to be a member of the KBFPD. I worked my ass off to get this job, even harder to keep it. (Newer readers look HERE) I studied hard and was promoted twice (in spite of myself) and I work with some great people.

I think we do a decent job for the most part. There are some things which we could do better and we are working on those. We are reasonably well led and I am comfortable with the direction our district is headed, despite external influences over which we have no control.

Every once in a while, my agency does something that makes me so proud and yet so honored to be associated with such quality people. I can't go into detail obviously, but one of our members is not doing so well. The amount of thought, effort and compassion that the district is showing while handling this ordeal is humbling. This isn't the county government or fire commissioners, this is the people who wear the patch and badge of the KBFPD.

I am proud to be a part of this collection of knuckleheads, even when I may be pissed at some of them. I just hope, even after all of these years, that I am worthy to wear the same badge.

Thanks for reading,

Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    It is just great to hear that there are teams who work together and help each other out--cut a little slack but also move forward.

    Not too many knuckleheads have this figured out.

    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish him or her the best possible outcome.

    ReplyDelete