Monday, September 27, 2010

It felt good...

...to get out of the house over the weekend, even though I couldn't really do anything really fun. I did get to use my camera a little. I worked on some night scape stuff, mediocre results, I won't bore you with those.

I did manage to get a few shots of a helicopter doing some work not too far away and was able to get pretty close without getting in the way. I have actually flown in this helicopter several times, long ago in a place far away, back in my pilot days. A friend of mine worked for the owners of this Hughes 500, and he took me up a few times in it. It was a well used machine then and that was probably 15 years ago.


That's one thing I miss about not working at the airport on my days off. I met some great people and was able to fly in some nice aircraft - stuff that I would have never been able to do had I not worked there.

Of course, I don't miss laying flat on my back underneath a filthy airplane scrubbing the oil off of the belly. The sensation of solvent running down my arms into my shirt is one I would rather forget.

I was glad to see this ship still in the air though, it is apparently still going strong. I'll bet it's still flying 15 years from now.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

P.S. I am trying to get released to return to work on Saturday, we'll see how that goes.
Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment