Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fill the Boot

It's that time of year again!


The annual "Fill The Boot" drive for Muscular Dystrophy.

Each year, the IAFF does the Fill the Boot drive to raise money for research to find a cure for Muscular Dystrophy. Our local has participated for quite a while, we usually raise around 15 to 20 thousand dollars. I think we were a little light this year, not surprising because a lot of people are out of work.

Some of our people hate doing it, they feel like beggars standing on the corner. I view it as  a PR opportunity, especially when you see smiles on the faces of the people who are giving. I also view it as a photo op.

The district supports the drive and lets us do it on duty. I'd bet that admin has received a few complaints, but so far they haven't caved. Let's hope it stays that way.

I went out twice, once to take pictures, once to collect money. I enjoyed both days.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment