Tuesday, January 5, 2010

31 e-mails

I am back at the station after a morning of practice and quite frankly I am tired. I was just going through some old e-mails looking for an address and found a folder that I have not looked through for quite a while.

I clicked on it and found 31 e-mails. These 31e-mails were sent to me over an eight day period in November of 2008. They are responses to a request I made, that was asking assistance for a colleague of mine. Our brother needed help and these 31 members of the K.B.F.P.D. were stepping up. Most knew our colleague, some well. A few did not. All offered, all were appreciated.

These e-mails were in addition to dozens of phone calls that I received offering to help our stricken brother.

To all, I am extremely grateful and proud to be associated with these people. I am sure any department would act as my brothers and sisters have, its just that these brothers and sisters are mine. The citizens of the K.B.F.P.D. are fortunate to have such caring and compassionate people looking after them. So am I.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. If something happened to me my esteemed colleauges would probably trample me to loot my charts and my staff. (their new problems for the staff part.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    This is really good news. My guess is you have put into that community and helped shape it.

    Sincerely,
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete