Thursday, February 18, 2010

What I Can Count On

I can count on Captain Barty to be confrontational at times.

I can count on Captain Barty to use an irregular logic matrix when solving political or personnel issues.

I can count on Captain Barty to ask superfluous, inane questions at meetings.

I can count on Captain Barty to use the above traits when arguing his position past the point of inanity.

I can count on Captain Barty to run a good fire.

I can count on Captain Barty to not needlessly expose me or my crew to unwarranted peril.

I can count on Captain Barty to use appropriate methods, tactics and strategies while mitigating emergent incidents.

I can count on Captain Barty to smile and say hello even when he knows that I am pissed off at him.

In the final analysis, I can count on Capt. Barty.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Funny how the guys that irritate or piss you off the most tend to be one of the extremes on the job... worthless or priceless, rarely any middle ground there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capt Schmoe:

    In the course of my nursing career I have worked with some folks who were about as cozy as 80 grit sandpaper to be with.

    However, almost all of them were outstanding clinical nurses, with mad skills, clinical sense and kind and patient with patients.

    Once I got to know them, I found them well, still abrasive at times, but also treasures, treasures of good will, competence and even, in the end, kindness.

    The Observer

    ReplyDelete