Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For my Pilot Readers, for my Photographer Readers, my Geek Readers and my Curious Readers

O.K. THIS LINK is for just about anybody but not for everybody. I stumbled on it over at Anne Althouse's blog, god knows how she found it.

360 Cities is a website that posts 360 degree views of places and objects. The recently posted fourteenl high resolution, spherical views of cockpits from various aircraft. If you click on an image, you can navigate it up and down, all around. The horizontal navigation is 360 degrees, the vertical is probably 180. It is a lot of fun.

As an ex-pilot and an airplane geek, I attempted to guess the model of aircraft by the image. Most of them are vintage eastern bloc aircraft, of which I am no expert. I still manged to guess about half. The lone modern era aircraft I missed, but I know at least one pilot who reads this blog flies this particular model and should get it right away.

I really enjoyed this post, I hope you will too.

Thanks for reading,
a wistful Schmoe

No comments:

Post a Comment