Friday, November 5, 2010

But Can We Sell It On E-Bay?

We have all heard of somebody selling an item on e-Bay with a religious image miraculously appearing in it. Whether it is an apple with an image of the Virgin Mary on the peel or a tree trunk with an image of an eastern deity patterned into the bark, it seems like  there is usually something like that for sale, sometimes for big bucks.

I wonder what this is worth?


I know that Mickey Mouse is not a deity, but I also know that the city of Anaheim worships the tax revenue that Mickey generates. Shouldn't that count?

I mean what are the odds? A firefighter sweats his ass off for 18 hours, removes his shirt and POW, there's Mickey Mouse, outlined in salt on his T-shirt. I think the bidding should start at $500.

I know that I may be a little optimistic on this, but I told this guy not to wash the shirt, just in case.


Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

4 comments:

  1. Shroud of Mickey, I like it, particularly as a marketing ploy.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I know a few Disney lovers...
    For the Shroud of Mickey let's start the bidding at $10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking more like $1000. I will have to split it with the wearer of the shirt. Also, I need to keep this on the down-low, technically, the shirt is owned by the KBFPD.

    ReplyDelete