Monday, November 8, 2010

A City Mourns

A police officer was assassinated in the city where my folks live. He was in his late twenties and had served two tours in Iraq before joining the Police Department.

 
The irony of surviving two tours in a war zone, only to be murdered a few years after returning to the states is not lost on me.
The murderer is still at large, I am quite sure all available resources will be used in the effort to capture him.

My condolences to the officer's family, his agency and to the community.

He was just another Schmoe, one who died keeping" them" from "us."

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sad. We hear this all too often of young men and women surviving wars only to come home and die in a surreal setting and way. My heart goes out to the officers family. Thanks for sharing this and caring enough to do so!
    Gia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to the officer's family, friends and co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Thank you to this brave man who gave all for us, and thank you to all who give every day.

    ReplyDelete