Thursday, December 29, 2011

Celebrity Hoarding

For those of us in the emergency services business, hoarding is another of those whacko things that we run into every once in a while. We, like everyone, find it incredible that anyone can live like that but, in it's basic form we know that it's a crazy freakin' world out there and that hoarding is just another crazy freakin' symptom of that world.

I normally don't get all that excited about hoarder stories or photos, but I found THESE PHOTOS  to be remarkable.

I have seen worse hoarding, in fact much worse. What I find incredible is the scale of the hoarding in these pictures.

You see, the photos are actually those of a 1/6 scale model that the photographer, Carrie Becker built and photographed. She calls the series "Barbie Trashes Her Dream House" and describes it as a "more current view of  Barbie's lifestyle."

Ms. Becker did a great job with this. The only way that it could have been made more realistic, is if she could have depicted Ken and G.I. Joe trying to advance a hand-line through "the maze", with smoke down to the floor, stuff falling on them, roaches crawling on them and cat turds sticking to their knees and gloves. But hey, I'm just being picky!

If you have a few seconds, click on the LINK and check out the photos. You'll get a kick out of them.

Thanks for reading,
schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Incredible! I had to read it a few times before I caught on. The detail is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, all it needed was a little more grime and it would have been perfect!

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete