Friday, December 3, 2010

Back in Range

When off-roading out in the boondocks, I like to get back to the pavement right at dusk. This allows me to spend the maximum amount of time on the trail and it keeps me from having to air-up in the dark.


For the uninitiated, airing up is the act of refilling the tires on your jeep after an of-roading trip. While jeeping, I like to lower the air pressure in the tires to 15 PSI or so. It greatly increases traction, decreases the chance of tire damage and makes the ride a lot smoother.


As you may have figured out, I have been Jeeping in the Mojave desert for the last few days. No phone service, internet access or TV. It has been great.

I saw some amazing things, met some interesting people  and  had a great time. I took some interesting photos and I will try and post them tomorrow.

It's late, I have a jeep to unload and I'm tired. Until tomorrow.

Thanks for rwading,
Schmoe

3 comments:

  1. I wanna see photos! When do they come back from the developer?

    I've never seen the desert, nor have I ever been Jeeping, but it sounds like a real ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desert skies are so unrelentingly pretty.

    Your love of off-roading reminds me to tell you: You want to see Dust to Glory, if you haven't already.

    I predict you'll like it so much that you'll promote me to "best reader ever" just for recommending it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mad Jack - If you are reading this, then you have seen the new post. Sorry for the delay.

    Wayne - I have seen Dust to Glory several times. I enjoyed it immensely, especially the action scenes and the story of the "weatherman". OK, you are the best reader ever, (at least for today) for recommending it.

    I agree about the desert sky. There is no was to capture it fully, though some come close. Ara over at "The Oasis of My Soul" is great at it, he has worked hard to get there.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete