Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tragedy in Chicago

As usual, I am really late with this, but at least two firefighters have been killed at a structure fire in Chicago. Reports from the scene indicate that a wall collapsed during suppression efforts killing at least two firefighters and injuring as many as twelve.

For full details visit The Fire Critic or  STATter911. They are on it and have the latest details.

Deepest condolences to the families, friends and teammates of my fallen brothers.

I hate this shit. It goes on and on.

R.I.P.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    I posted on this fire today. I am even later than you.
    I did make good use of your references though, so thank you very much.

    I found myself very angry as the investigation has gone on. A situation, as you say, that seems to repeat fairly often.

    Best wishes to you and your brethren in the Fire Service.

    Sincerely,
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete