Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ejukashun

After 18 months, thousands of dollars and tens of thousands of pictures, I have decided to return to school and take some photography classes.The first class starts tonight and meets once a week, plus some lab/field work.

It's through a University that isn't too far away - part of their Community Program for Furthering Education. It isn't cheap, but is taught by a respected instructor. My goal is to take one class a quarter and hopefully see some results in the quality of my photos. They teach the fundamentals, work-flow, processing digital images and composition.

I'm looking forward to it, though I really don't know what the class entails. I am sure there will be some book work and I am sure I will be assigned to take pictures of some things that I have absolutely no interest in. I hope to expand my creative horizons and explore some areas of photography that I have not previously looked at.

So if you come by this blog and see an image of a ballerina dancing with a basket of kittens in her arms, while being watched by an audience full of clowns - fear not. It's just me posting one of my assignments.

Although I am working on being a little more creative, I don't wanna get too artsy-fartsy. Let me know if it gets out of hand.

I'll let you know how it went tomorrow.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it, you should love it.

    Ask about post-imaging conversion to black and white. I'd love to hear you explored that instead of using the in-camera monochrome setting. So much more to explore doing the conversion using photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, it's something I wish I had time to do. Might just have to make time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when does the study of human form, light and shadow begin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. rw-2 - I'm looking forward to the photoshop classes, they are using the full suite, not just elements. It's a program that i can't quite afford, Elements will have to do.

    Hydrant Girl - You should, it would be a blast, though you have a pretty full plate right now.

    Mad Jack - Yeaahh daawg, that might be a fun class, though one I prolly won't take. Those are the kinds of troubles that I don't need!

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    Just make the ballerina wear a fire hat. Actually less work than a basket of cats for her.
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete