Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Santa Dog Update

For those of you who have been reading this blog for a while, you may remember the saga of Santa Dog. Santa Dog was a figurine that had been passed from desk to desk at my day-off gig. On my last day at that gig, I epoxied and screwed him to the top of Ted's desk. Then I drilled out the screw heads so that it would be very difficult to remove Santa Dog without damaging him.

I was going through the blog archives earlier and began wondering how ol' Santa Dog was doing. I called a former office partner today and inquired as to the status of Santa Dog. I am pleased to report that Santa Dog is right where I left him. That undoubtedly is the longest that Santa Dog has spent in any one place in quite some time.
The Real Santa Dog at his "permanent" home.

Ted apparently has figured out who affixed Santa Dog to his desk and has entertained the thought of removing him and mailing him to me, but so far, it hasn't been worth the effort. Either that or Ted doesn't want to look at the scar that Santa Dog is sure to leave on  the top of his desk.

Either way, both Santa Dog and I are quite content with his present location. Frankly, Santa Dog looks better than he has in quite some time. Maybe the stability has done him some good.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Glad to finally see the real Santa Dog.

    Doubt he moves for a long, long, loooong time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    Now that I have seen this monstrosity in full, I completely understand the vile and underhanded techniques you used to ensure you never get it back.

    You have harnessed the power of stability in your favor, something a good administrator must know how to do. And I can't think of a much better reason.

    LOL
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete