Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Day

The start of my day, though productive, wasn't that enjoyable.

The mud got here just before eight. We were hoping to get it earlier, because it was supposed to be 105 degrees today. As we were second in line, we didn't get the 6:00 a.m. truck time that we were hoping for.

The pump/pour went well. As I was busy humping hose, I didn't get any pictures of that. Here, Lenny is putting a groove in the slab, one that serves as an expansion joint, the theory is that the slab will crack at the groove and therefore will be unnoticeable. Though it only reached 100 while we were working, it did cause the mud to set quick and we were done by noon.


The end of my day was far more enjoyable. As it did reach 105, we decided to make the drive and head toward the coast.

It was a lot cooler at the coast, but still hot by beach standards. It was heaven to us desert dwellers.

A lot of people, both desert and coastal, had the same idea. It took us a while to park, but it was worth the effort.

The lifeguards were busy placing buoys for an open water swim that is happening tomorrow. #2 son is participating in it, he has never done open water before. Good luck to you, kid.

While we were on the pier, I spotted this dad, teaching his kid to surf.

Here they are, paddling out.

They have spotted a wave that is looking like it might have potential.

Success!

If I ever hit the lottery, I am going to buy a place on the coast. It is just a pleasant place to live, especially in the summer.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Now you've done it Schmoe! Just when I was begining to focus on hay and farm work you have to bring up the beach... GREAT! The salt water smell... the feel of sand between my toes ...the lack of work / stress etc .. Grrrrrrrrrr Guess I'm gonna have to make another trip to get it out of my head. I don't see ANY other way! Thanks Brother :-)
    Capt. Wines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dad teaching his kid. That's just especially nice. There's never enough dad and son time.

    ReplyDelete