Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swearing at Inanimate Objects...

...rarely corrects the issue. The damn drain pipe is still broken, the damn repairs are still not completed, the effing idiot who was operating the trencher (me) when he ran over the damn pipe is still an idiot.


See, it didn't work. I was supposed to have the irrigation in by tonight as the concrete guys are coming on Tuesday morning. I took out the drainpipe late in the afternoon on Friday, dug it out and started the repair, then ran out of light. I went to work yesterday and got off this morning.

I will finish the repair up this morning, then start laying irrigation pipe. To ensure that I am ready for the concrete guys, I took a vacation day tomorrow. As much as I hate burning days for stuff like this, I am glad my gig has the flexibility to allow me to do so.

At least I am not dealing with rattlesnakes like my friend Captain Wines. That would be all I'd need.

I gotta get busy.

Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

5 comments:

  1. Swearing doesn't fix it, but it sure makes you feel better...

    xx
    Jaxs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm w/ Jackie, def makes me feel better!
    Hope you got it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    I laughed so hard yesterday. Swearing is good, it really is.

    I would have written you yesterday, but I didn't want to distract you from this 'stuff' you had to do. . . I crossed my fingers for you though.

    How did it work out?

    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann T. - It's a good thing I took today off. That's all I'm going to say about that. Until later, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capt Schmoe:
    Yup, some things just need a good cussin'

    Then you roll up your sleeves. Hope all went well.

    The Observer

    ReplyDelete