Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Was Wrong

The conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey baby, how ya doing?

Her: Good, how are you?

Me: I'm good. we're at the store buying stuff for dinner. I'm in the rig, the crew's inside. We're having greek chicken by the way.

Her: That sounds good. Who's cooking?

Me: Dino I think. What are you up.... Holy crap! You should see this old lady in the parking lot. She just cut this guy off -  Shit! She's gonna hit the front of the rig! - I gotta go I'll call you later.

Well, I was wrong. She didn't hit the front of the rig. She swerved around the front, the pulled it in tight and hit the back of the rig.


Absolutely no damage to the rig, you can see her car. Did I mention that we were parked?

As I watched the event unfold, two things were evident:

#1 - The look on her face was one of utter bewilderment. She was clueless and had no business driving. The deputy was going to dime her off to the DMV after he finished the report.

#2 - Orange cones only work if the offending driver has a clue.

She was sweet lady by the way, I kind of felt sorry for her. Until I was on the last page of the accident report that is.

This happened a few years ago. I was going through old pictures on my phone yesterday and found this one. It seems kind of funny now. Ha Ha kind of funny.


Thanks for reading,
Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of the guy who hit a parked city bus today... *shakes hand*

    xx
    Jaxs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    I debated telling you this, but, after all, it wasn't me:

    My aunt hit the same UPS truck twice in two different weeks, in two different venues. Both times her kids were in the car.

    Curiously, my family saw this as a huge joke and she kept her license and status as creator of good stories. Her kids I think are allowed to laugh--the old gallows humor. I don't know what the rest of them were thinking . . . and that poor UPS driver . . . .

    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete