Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pardon me...

...for giving a shit.

District Commander Jones,
Words cannot express the utter disappointment I felt after our conversation last shift. I reviewed it in detail and still can come to no other conclusion than you are directing me to drop the matter and "get over it". I reviewed the original memo and found nothing accusatory, demeaning or negative. It is simply a statement of fact and a suggestion and was properly written in a respectful fashion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Obviously, it ruffled some feathers at administration. It is apparent by your statements, that the era of input, participative management and management/labor cooperation is drawing to a close. This is unfortunate, as the two groups have worked hard to maintain a good working relationship, efforts which have produced many wonderful things.

I am aware that we are like any other governmental agency, however I find the thought that we have to accept waste, inefficiency and the status-quo repugnant. I feel we should be better than that.

I'm just sayin'
Schmoe

*****

Thanks for reading,
An offended Schmoe

2 comments:

  1. Dear Captain Schmoe,
    Oh, ooooh, ow, and bfltsk!!!! I hate when this happens. I commend you on managing to keep it at 'offended'. In my case, depending on what it is, the word 'ballistic' or 'uber-motivated' frequently come up.

    On days like this, I watch Bugs Bunny. Call it a non-sequitur if you will. Bugs gets away with quid pro quo, which proves it is possible, and then makes me laugh, which makes quid pro quo unnecessary.

    A true confession from
    Ann T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capt. Schmoe:
    I couldn't think of a worse time for communication to go off the rails, as state and local governments are looking around for places to save money. The fire service is not off limits any more.

    All I can think is you got near someone's sacred cow, someone's base of power, and they wanted it shut down before it got any further.

    This is just nasty. And it can only be endured at this point. Hang in there.

    The Observer

    ReplyDelete